I spent all morning cleaning and organizing our house as L&L prepare for their first day of school tomorrow. While I was in the kitchen, I was taking down summer info from our fridge to make room for fall and school info that will be coming home. I reached for the Summer To Do list we made back in June. For the most part, we didn’t do to bad. Here is a quick recap.
– We got the movies a lot, but we didn’t see Pete’s Dragon. (Don’t tell my kids they missed it.) I had wanted to go, but was told by two separate people that it was sad and made them cry. We’ve had enough tears up in here.
– Not only did we go to Rollingwood regularly, we had the pleasure of reconnecting with old friends, meeting new friends, and L&L joined the swim team. They learned the value of being on a team, plus swim strokes, the diving block, what it meant to be DQ’d, and that one little ribbon can go a long way. There was a lot of confidence building this summer.
– We played badminton several times, and Michel was able to join us. The fact that we all went somewhere together on a weekend is pretty much unheard of in these parts.
– We had balloon battles, SWSC pool days, ate snowballs and s’mores, we hosted our first cousin sleepover, and played outside a lot.
– We had a surprise trip to Dewey with some of our favorite peeps. We hit up the Starboard, and ate pizza on the beach. L&L learned to boogie board, and swim in the ocean mostly independently.
– We flew on a jet plane, and a putter hopper, and went to Belize. Our vacation was shortened less because of the flood, and much more because Landon needed the time to heal.
– We went to an Orioles game and a Ravens preseason game.
– We went to the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, instead of the National Zoo, and it was incredible.
– We did not get to bowling, mini golfing, or horse back riding. The last month of summer certainly didn’t go as planned, but even if it had, I am not sure we woulda done those things.
I asked the boys what their favorite thing was this summer:
LT – The Zoo
Landon – Belize
And their least favorite:
LT is missing the french fries at Tersiguel’s
Landon knows all about blood draws.
I am not ready for school to go back tomorrow. I feel like we all got gypped these last few weeks. Our lives have been chaos and we brought that chaos home with us, but I look back and think, all in all we had a great summer.